With over 3000 acres to manage, we certainly do need to have some rules. Please see below and we thank you in advance for adhering to them.
Check-In & Check-Out
Check-in begins at 5pm each day and to help us get rooms ready for the next guest we ask that you check out by noon for hotel accommodations and 11am for all other accommodations.
Early Arrival & Late Departure
We cannot guarantee an early arrival but we will listen to all requests and if the situation warrants we may be able to accommodate. For late departure, Resort may be able to extend an hour grace at no fee however failure to depart at scheduled check out time will result in automatic daily rate before 5pm and a full additional nights stay if departure is after 5pm.
Room and Location Requests
We also cannot guarantee specific room, location or building requests but we will do our best to accommodate if it is at all possible.
Housekeeping will complete a light refresh of hotel rooms daily for guests lodging multiple nights unless you request that we not come in or leave the do not disturb sign on the door. For those staying in the condos, cottages or houses for extended periods housekeeping will not service these units however they are equipped with washers and dryers; additional amenities and linens if needed can be requested and picked up at the Lodge Front Desk .
Reservation Deposit & Cancellation
Standard lodging requires a first nights stay (if booked online, an average of the nightly rates will be applied as the first night charge). Standard golf packages require a $100 deposit per golfer. Deposits may vary based on contracting or additional event bookings and/or special/promotional requirements.
Cancellations must be made at least seven (7) days before your arrival, or your deposit will be forfeited. Those that don't show up for a room reservation will also forfeit their deposit. Winter holidays require a fourteen (14) day cancellation. Holidays include but are not limited to; December 26-January 1 and Presidents weekend.
Special Event or Activity reservations also have a booking and cancellation policy. Since the policy differs with each activity, our reservations staff will be happy to fill you in upon booking the reservation.
Pets are not allowed. However service animals are permitted upon advance notice.
Golf Course Policies
Tee Time Reservations Policy
Treetops is a resort facility that is open to the public. We accept advance tee time reservations without any time restrictions. Future reservations can be made online or by calling our reservations department. Same day tee times should be made with the pro shop directly. Be prepared to give the following information when making a tee time:
- Date of play
- Golf course(s)
- Approximate desired tee time
- Number of players
- Last name, First name, phone number and e-mail address
- Credit card to hold the tee time
Please take note of the following:
- Treetops sells tee times in foursomes. If you have less than four players, we do reserve the right to pair you up with others wanting to experience our spectacular courses. Playing as a foursome will be much more comfortable from a pace of play standpoint as our course moves at a foursomes pace. If you have less than four players and would like to guarantee that you do not get paired up, you are welcome to pay for an entire foursome. Finally, if you are scheduled to be paired up, you are welcome to ask the pro shop on the date of play if there is anything we can do. If you are willing to change times and/or courses (paying any associated upgrade fees) we may be able to accomodate your request, however, there are often times where we just cannot make it happen.
- As a general rule, any more than four players are not allowed. However, if approval is received from the Director of Golf or respective Head Golf Professional, we may be able to accomodate this request. We always reserve the right, however, to break up the group should you be adversely affecting pace of play.
- Please adhere to the following cancellation policy: Cancel at least 48 hours in advance and 7 days for groups of 24 or more.
We suggest you show up for your tee time at least 30 minutes prior. Range balls are complimentary prior to your round so showing up earlier than that is welcomed as well.
- Note: For those with tee times on the Tradition, keep in mind that it’s a 10-minute drive from the golf shop to the first tee so please plan accordingly
- Note: If you show up late for your tee time, we do reserve the right to start you somewhere other than hole #1 in order to maintain our order on the tee sheet. In the event we have to do this, we'll do everything in our power to allow you to play the holes you missed if it is at all possible.
Golf Cart Policy
We do require both occupants of every cart to sign a cart rental agreement prior to each round of golf. Should you wish to review the agreement prior to arrival at Treetops, plesae reach out and we can provide a copy. Please be aware that we expect you to use care and caution at all times when driving our carts and that we do reserve the right to charge for damages if they are incurred while you are renting our cart. We also use the cart rental agreements to better locate golfers on the course in the event of a family emergency.
Driving Range Policy
Before your tee time, we’ll give you a chance to get warmed up with one bucket of range balls. If you'd like additional range balls, you are welcome to purchase more in the pro shop. The range opens 30 minutes prior to the first tee time each day. However, there is one night each week that we do close the range to do a clean pick and mow.
You are welcome to have a non-golfing rider go along with you when cart inventory is sufficient and do charge $25 for each rider.
You’re more than welcome to walk on the Tradition course and sometimes the Fazio Premier when approved by the golf professional. All other courses require the use of carts.
Respect for our courses and our customers is extremely important to us, please adhere to the following when you're here:
- Please make sure you’re not teeing-off when golfers are within your range.
- Please be ready to play when it is your turn and if it's safe to play we do encourage READY GOLF at Treetops.
- We ask that you keep pace with the group in front of you. Your worry should not be about the group behind you as long as you are right behind the group in front.
- Take your putter and any other needed club to the green surrounds. Practice continuous putting whenever possible so others can hole short putts out instead of marking and waiting. Position your clubs so you can grab them on the way back to the cart.
- Scorekeeping should be done on the next tee.
Pace of Play Policy
For the sake of efficiency, we’ve got few guidelines for how things flow. If you feel you're unable to adhere to our time pars, please let us know and we’ll put you in a tee time perfect more appropriate for you
1. Treetops Resort asks that the lead group on each golf course play in less than the pace of play target for each course shown below:
- Masterpiece – 4 hours, 45 minutes
- Premier – 4 hours, 35 minutes
- Signature – 4 hours, 33 minutes
- Tradition – 4hours, 2 minutes
2. For groups other than the lead group, your position on the course should be as follows:
- Par 3’s – group in front should be on the same hole or just pulling away as you arrive at the tee box.
- Par 4’s – group in front should be in the fairway or pulling to the green as you arrive at the tee box.
- Par 5’s – group in front should be in the fairway as you arrive at the tee box.
3. Should you fall behind, here's what you can expect from our rangers:
- 1st Warning – Ranger informs you of your position in relation to time and/or the group in front of you and ask how they can help improve your play.
- 2nd Warning – Ranger reminds you again and lets you know that we’ll be forced to move your group into position if you’re still lagging.
- 3rd Warning – Ranger asks that your group pick up your balls and move into position behind the group in front of you. This may result in skipping a hole or two.
Care for the Course
- All bunkers are to be raked following your presence in the bunker
- Rakes should be left on the edge of the bunker with the tines inside the bunker and the handle outside.
- Fairway divots shall be replaced or filled with sand provided. Divots on the tee should be filled with sand where present and by replacing the divot if sand is not present.
- Try not to damage the turf or the lip of the cup when moving the flagstick. We ask that you reach into the hole to remove your ball than using your putter or another club.
- Any ball damage to the green needs to be fixed right away. Pro tip: Fix your ball mark and at least one other on each green.
- Golf carts should be kept at least 30 yards away from greens and tees. Use the cart paths near the greens and tees and the entire length of Par 3 holes.
Junior Golf Policy
For all those golfers that haven’t graduated high school, congratulations, you’re still a Junior in our eyes and special rates apply to you. All golfers must have a valid driver’s license to drive our golf carts.
9-Hole Golf Policy
9-hole rates are only for the Tradition and Threetops courses. If you want to play 9 holes on the Masterpiece, Premier or Signature, check with the pro shop as we can periodically accommodate, however, the location of hole #10 is not very conducive to this.
Rain Check Policy
In the event of inclement weather a raincheck may be available using the following model:
- Holes 1 – 4 completed – rain check for full value is given
- Holes 5 – 14 completed – rain check for half value is given
- Holes 15 – 18 completed – no raincheck is given
Food and Beverage
We do not allow any outside food or beverage on the golf courses and to better control this, we cannot allow personal coolers on the golf course either. In the event that we do find that you have outside food or beverage, we'll take it and return it to you upon completion of your round.
Smoking is prohibited in our hotel rooms. If it is determined that you have smoked in your room, a $250 cleaning fee will be assessed to the card on file.
We do not allow snowmobiles on our golf courses and certain other areas at the resort. Please inquire with our staff about the proper locations to drive your sled.
We do not permit drones to be flown on property without written consent from one of the resorts Directors. Please contact Kevin McKinley (extension 2480) to inquire.
We welcome you to relax and enjoy our pool & hot tub areas, open daily from 8:00am to 10:30pm. We do not staff lifeguards, so all minors need to be with an adult when enjoying our pools. No food or beverage is permitted in the pool areas.
Quiet hours are from 10:30pm to 8:00am. Disregard of quiet hours will result in a warning and repeated warnings could result in additional charges and/or removal from the resort.
Treetops Resort Pet and Service Animal Policy
- The hotel has a “no pets” Pet Policy
- The hotel’s Pet Policy prohibits regular pets and emotional support animals that are not qualified service animals (Please note that emotional support animals are not protected by the state and federal laws that protect persons with disabilities’ use of service animals. Thank you for your understanding.)
- The hotel’s Pet Policy does not prohibit properly qualified service animals
- Proper qualification of animal as a service animal allows hotel personnel to inquire, and use reasonable judgment to ascertain:
- if the animal is required because of a guest’s disability; and
- what work or task the animal is trained to do
- Service Animals will not be allowed if, in the hotel manager’s (or their designee’s) reasonable discretion, the animal: does not qualify as a service animal, is not housebroken, or is or has at the hotel premises engaged in: property damage, uncontrolled barking, growling at persons or other service animals, jumping on people, other service animals or furniture, running away from the owner, or other aggressive or out of control behavior
- No extra cleaning fee will be charged to guests with service animals that is not otherwise applicable to guests without service animals
- The hotel will charge for any and all damage caused by a guest including damage caused by their service animal
- The hotel maintains a preference policy to place persons with service animals: in areas away from guests who have circumstances that indicate they should not be near service animals, near outside/exterior entrances, or in rooms with layouts that require less deep cleaning. Exceptions to this preference will be made upon request where possible.